Intrinsic motivation is what keeps artists producing without any guarantee for profit. How do we keep going? We go on because we have to....


















 Intrinsic motivation is what keeps artists producing without any guarantee for profit. How do we keep going? We go on because we have to.

We respond to a scene, design a still life, or in my case I produce a series of portrait of "Amelie-An" because of the beauty that I see and feel compelled to create and share with others. Artists find the beauty in the ordinary and the extraordinary.

I know of very few artists that crank out paintings just to pay the bills. Everyone needs to pay bills and this tough economy doesn’t make it easy to pay them, however, very few of the artists I know compromise their art. Instead of reducing prices, they create smaller paintings that command a lower price. Some artists take outside jobs in order to pay the bills so that they can keep producing the art that they love.

I see hundreds of artists’ work online, at art shows and in museums. There are thousands more artists out there that I haven’t yet had the pleasure of viewing their work. There are a lot of us  creating without assurance of income from the art we produce. I paint artwork that touches my soul makes me feel good every time I look at it and I don’t grow tired of looking at it, either.
 www.thunguyenpaintings.com
 

Comments

Popular Posts